Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Dabbling In Landscapes.

Framed landscape in my basement
This is a landscape dyptic that I shot while going for a stroll along Lake Ontario in Whitby. The area was very beautiful and it was a gorgeous day, what caught my eye was this enormous factory being hidden by this huge hill. I thought it was kinda funny in the sense that it was purposely hidden in a really crappy kinda way. I imagine what the city planners conversation might have been.

city planner1- " We really want to develop the lake shore to attract the public but theres that huge eye sore of a smelting plant ruining it all........."
city planner2- " why don't we pile up some garbage and put sod over it, creating a hill that will hide the plant?"
followed by a round of high fives
city planner1- "genius!"

Its the elephant swept under the carpet kinda way that compelled me me to shoot photographs of its hilarity and create this dyptic. Its not really for any art show or anyone for that matter(I am not sure most people might get the humor in the situation) but i felt it couldn't just stay on the desk top, so I went and made some photographs.
The prints are being sandwiched between plexi-glass and board which has a hole routered on the back for hanging purposes. Each frame and print is 36x24 inches, if you were wondering.
Factoryscape dyptic

No comments:

Post a Comment