Thursday, March 17, 2011

Sex trophy.

I was recently approached by a friend of mine to take photos of her brand new baby the stork had just dropped off. Now normally I don't shoot this kinda stuff , just not passionate about it and I know some people that are, so I try not to tread on their turf. I Also know how some moms can get (experience from working at a lab for a while and having to do baby passport shots) they can get a little crazy. On top of crazy moms and being over the whole baby photos thing, people often want their babys doing some lame anne gettys shit which I am definitely not into, nor have time to entertain. However, Erin was down with whatever which made things much better and substantially less cheese.
I wasn't sure how to approach this type of gig, so I decided on kind of a "photo journalistic look", baby and mom interacting while using natural light on my end, with a touch of some sucky attempts at more posey shots to round out the photo session.

baby Abe kickin' it in his crib.
This shot of Abe in his crib is my attempt at something a little more posed. I tried to make it natural, baby sleeping, they do that right?
baby Abe and mother.
Luckily Erin has a sweet pad with lots of character and awesome big bay windows which added some sweet natural light which I was totally into.


Erin and baby Abe.
Like I said before, Erin's pad is full of character, hence this shot of a young mother Tereasa. I just loved the obviously juxtaposition here, one of my faves.
So I survived the dreaded baby shoot, this is my first and probably my last(unless the price is right). Its a lot of work and takes tons of patience and everything is based on a new born's mood which is ridiculously hard to predict, just not my cup of tea. I like grown up, even though they can act like babies too.

No comments:

Post a Comment